Tuesday, April 17, 2007

The Power of Love...

Holy cow. I just had the most amazing weekend. Those of you who know me really well know I LOVE Celine Dion. In college, my roommates and I drove to Denver to see her in concert. Since Celine's Vegas days are ending in August, my college roommates and I decided to have a little reunion and go see her one more time. We met up in Vegas on kind of a last minute whim, and had the best time. My sister was kind enough to let us stay at her house, again! We went dancing, shopping (more details of our shopping adventures to follow), ate lots of good food (thank you S and B), and of course, saw Celine. The show was SO amazing, and I am trying to figure out if I can get back there to see her one more time. Vegas anyone?

Dancing queens

Out to dinner before the show. We had a great view of the Bellagio water show from that window. Happy Birthday MH and A!


Shopping. Ahhhh, the shopping. I have been trying really hard to live on a student budget since D started school, succeeding most of the time. Thank goodness for my roommate MH. She dropped some SERIOUS, SERIOUS cash, and I had SO MUCH FUN dropping some serious cash vicariously through her. D really, really appreciates that "vicarous" part. Her first purchase was a beautiful, beautiful Fendi purse. Did I mention is was beautiful?

MH's next purchase was a pair of Fendi shoes. We went to another Fendi store to buy the shoes and the sales lady there was so much fun. She let us play dress up! She would bring us dresses, shoes, and handbags and let us try them all on! We were wearing thousands of dollars of clothes, and feeling pretty darn good!

MH's final purchase came from Dolce & Gabanna. Another purse. Another beautiful, exquiste, fabulous purse.

Thank you S and B for letting us stay at your lovely home and eat all your food. Thank you A for teaching us the best dance moves ever, and thank you MH for letting me shop though you.

5 comments:

Addi said...

I heart Celine. It always reminds me of the line in "How to Lose a Guy" after they go to the Celine concert--"I love how she puts her hand up, then pulls it back down." Or something like that. It's an excellent concert--can you imagine doing that every night? WOW!

Honey! said...

You forgot to mention Celine fell on her butt!!! PRICELESS!!!!

Krista said...

I had fun catching up with you on your blog today. Sounds like you have been having some fun times! The Celine show looked fun ,your mention of Cafe Rio made my mouth water, and those Easter pictures were so fun! Love your blog--Krista

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!! You are so darn cute and you make any event at least twice the fun with your love of life and enthusiam. So glad you had a great time.....so did we with A. Smiles...

kell-bell said...

Ha ha, I think I would pay to see Celine fall on her butt! She probably hit her chest with her fist a little too hard during a dramatic point in a song!

I'm sorry I really sound like such a Celine hater, but it looks like you had an great time!