Monday, August 20, 2007

Excuse this Home


Some homes try to hide the fact

That children shelter there.

Ours boasts of it quite openly,

The signs are everywhere.

For smears are on the windows,

Little smudges on the door;

I should apologize I guess,

For the toys strewn on the floor.

But I sat down with the children:

We played and laughed and read.

And if the doorbell doesn’t shine,

their eyes will shine instead.

For when at times I’m forced to choose

The one job or the other,

I want to be a homemaker

But first I’ll be a mother.

--author unknown

7 comments:

Addi said...

So cute. I just wish the poem had something about wearing pink slippers... :)

PJ Productions said...

Audrey's room is absolutely darling. I agree with you all the way. I would much rather have a happy and loved child, then a spotless home. Good for you.

Erin said...

Thanks for the reminder. What a cute poem.

Sheri said...

just wait until you have 2 kids...then your house really will be messy! (like mine) Its much more fun to play in Maceys Cinderella tent then vaccum! :)
sheri

PJ Productions said...

I am so glad that you are reading Eclipse. It is amazing. I was so emotionally involved, laughing out loud and then crying. I love Edward too. I just don't understand the people who are wanting Bella to end up with Jacob. He is great but Edward is her destiny.

The Staffieri Family said...

That is such a great poem!!

melis said...

perfectly said... a great reminder of what is important.