Monday, November 5, 2007

A baby changes things...

From my Baby Center emails:

Fifteen things that change when you have a baby

1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.

2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.

3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.

4. You respect your body ... finally.

5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.

6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.

7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.

8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.

9. Your heart breaks much more easily.

10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.

11. Every day is a surprise.

12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)

13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.

14. You become a morning person.

15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.

7 comments:

melis said...

True story! Very sweet... Who knew?

Jayme said...

All very true!!!! Except for #14. I am still not a morning person :)

Scott and Mal said...

This list of things that change just makes me even more excited to be a mother... thanks for the inspiration always

Sheri said...

so true. You can borrow the Gus costume for next year. Maybe next year Connor can be upgraded to the prince. Macey has worn her cindrella dress every day since halloween. She loves it and is more outgoing when she wears it.

Ange said...

Oh my! I can totally relate to #2 when I sold something on Craigslist today. I started getting a little nervous inviting someone into my house. I had to have a back-up plan in my mind to save my kiddos in case I invited a weirdo into my home. I had my cell in my back pocket and and an escape plan ready. I used to be fearless- I took a self-defense class in college to ensure this. I now get a little nervous (neurotic) now that I am protecting two innocent cuties.

Kim said...

Hey! We've lost touch! I found you on Jayme's site, which I found on Michelle's. So glad that you love motherhood. It's so wonderful!
check me out
jonasfamilyblog.blogspot.com
love,
KIM

Kera said...

The loosing touch with people you should have banished years ago, so true :) Also, the fear thing. I am now a NUT CASE. I am becoming the worryer that always drove me crazy about my mum.
All of these couldn't be more true :)