Dave and I had only been married for a little over a month and I was in our apartment getting ready for school. I was in the bathroom doing my hair and Dave called me into the family room to watch the horrible news unfold on our little tv. At first I thought it was a trailer for an upcoming movie and it took a minute to realize what was really happening. We went to school and everyone was so somber. We ended up just watching the news in all of our classes. It was one of those moments that I will never forget where I was when I heard the news.
Where were you?
3 comments:
Living at my mom's. Woke up to the news on the radio. Turned on the tv and was late to my first class at SLCC. Economics and psychology were canceled. Watched the news all day at work, marketing office at Lagoon. It's crazy how fast time flies and how vivid that day still is.
I walked into seminary and everyone was watching the news. Once I realized what was going on I freaked, my brother was serving his mission in Manhattan and I immediately thought the worst. The day before (9/10) we had recieved a picture in the mail of my brother standing right below the Twin Towers. After being excused from school I rushed home from school and waited to get a call from him so we would know he was okay. After a few hours of waiting, he called. We talked to him for about 3 hours about all that was happening in the city. It was so sad hearing about it from someone who was actually there as it was happening.
Also, talk about being thankful for listening to the spirit, my parents neighbor has an airplane ticket for the flight that crashed into the pentagon (or one of the twin towers, not sure). The morning of the flight he felt like he shouldn't get on the plane, so he didn't. Now that ticket is framed in his house.
Post a Comment