Friday, March 12, 2010

Trip to California to Meet All the Boys (and to pretend to take care of my mom)

My sister Melissa, found out she was pregnant the day we moved to Texas. She didn't tell me on that day, and I am glad she didn't...I might not have boarded the plane. I knew that when she had the baby we would need to go meet the newest member of our family. When we booked the tickets, I had no idea I would be meeting two new members (Melissa's baby, Rockwell, and my sister Jessica's finance, Ryan). And just to mix things up a bit, my mom fell while skiing in Canada and broke her leg in three different places, resulting in surgery and a long recovery. Nothing to cheer up a bed ridden grandma like having a house full of family right?!
The first boy I met: sweet, perfect, beautiful little Rockwell. He is a dream baby and I loved holding him and watching sweet Savy be such a doting big sister.
 


 

 

My beautiful mom. She is go-geter and I know being laid up must drive her crazy but she never complains. It was fun to lay around, talk and enjoy each others company. I came thinking I would help her, but whatever help I did was quickly undone by my sweet kids.
 

She was allowed to sit up sometimes, and Joshua wanted to be by his "D" whenever he could (I know this picture is kinda fuzzy but I love how bright Audrey and Savy's eyes are - our two blue eyed girls. I think Mr. Rockwell will have blue eyes too).
 

Snuggling in D's bed watching a movie. These three are so darling together.
The second boy I came to meet was Jessica's fiance, Ryan. He had a lot to live up to, marrying the baby of the family and all. I am very happy to report that he passed the test with flying colors. He is darling with my baby sister, so sweet to my kids, and will be a great addition to our family. I am so glad I was able to meet him. Thanks for coming to meet us!
 

 

Here's the thing about Jess, and the lucky guy who gets to marry her...she is a total girls girl, but also a guys girl. She knows all about football, soccer, and hockey, but also how to make hair pretties. Ryan is one lucky guy, and now that I have met him, she is pretty lucky herself.
Playing a little football.
 
Andrew and Carrie were kind enough to come from Utah as well adding to all the fun, and all the spoiling of my kids (thank you, thank you for coming!). My kids sure do love all their aunts and uncles.
The kids loved playing outside and being pushed by Uncle Ryan (there will now be two uncle Ryan's) and having Chinese lessons.
 

Aunt Rachel is a champion. She is such a help with the kids, and they all love her so much.
 

The third boy I was able to meet was Gus, Addi's third baby boy. Isn't he adorable? How is it that he is here already? We were able to go into San Francisco for an afternoon on very short notice. I think my mom needed some peace and quiet.
 

4th boy: Angela's sweet Joseph. Yummy.
 

New big brother Jack, with sandwich all over his face. We miss you Jack.
 

Joshua and Jack had so much fun together.
 

Dave's parents were kind enough to come pick up my kids and take them for a while so I could really be a help for my mom. After that we headed on down to their place for more fun times and a birthday celebration for Joshua.
 

Another boy I was able to meet: Kristin's "friend" Eddie. Laughed my head off. Very funny guy.
 

We celebrated Joshua's birthday at a really fun place that had games, blow up bouncy house things, yummy pizza, and...
 

glow in the dark miniature golfing. The kids loved it.
 

Joshua in his shirt that represents his roots. San Francisco, CA. Dave's job that brought us to to SF was working for GAP corporate.
 

We came back to the house and had this darling cake that Kristin made.
 

Make a wish! I wish for a piece without saliva on it.
 

Audrey made Joshua a necklace for his birthday. She is wearing what I call, "proud big sister face".
 

Our five day trip to California was short but sweet. I am so glad we were able to meet all these boys, and at least give my mom some distraction from the pain. Until next time California...

7 comments:

Carrie said...

We're SO glad you guys came and that we could see you! I'm excited to see you guys next month!

Life Is Golden said...

I wish I was there...
I am so so so happy that Kristin has a "friend"!
I think your Mom is so adorable... cast and all.
It was so fun to read all of this.

Addi said...

Now I'm mad at your sister for not telling you she was pregnant...

Thanks for the fun visit. You are so thoughtful and sweet to make time for us in between all your family. Come back soon...or we won't be here! :)

Oh, and all your pictures are fabulous!

melis said...

Love the pictures o Rockwell, thank you for taking them! Miss you like crazy... Thank you for coming. You are the best.
xoxo

Kera said...

your mother is beautiful.

Ryan & Jess said...

It was soo fun seeing you!! Thank you for all of your help! We love you and cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!

Kristen said...

hey michelle,
i'm SO bummed we missed you! how is texas? when is dave done w/ school? hope life is good.