First stop: Chris & Megan's
We ended up staying here the longest. They have an extra guest room plus a large playroom for our kids to sleep in. Our kids are the same ages and they thought they were in heaven. Sleepovers on school nights!!!! We thought putting them to bed was going to be way more challenging than it actually was, which made us stay longer than we originally planned (plus, they are family, sorry suckers! ha!). We had a great time staying up late, watching TV and movies, cooking dinners, working out, and not having to wake up napping babies to pick up kids from school because one of us would stay and the other would go pick up. We loved spending this time with Chris & Megan and it was fun to spend Megan's birthday with them. This is one great family.
Jeremy & Genevieve's
They were so kind to take us in. They have a beautiful home and we had so much fun staying there. Genevieve is super woman and a whizz on the sewing machine, and we had fun making two skirts for me and one for Audrey. There is such a goodness about this family, and we loved being there.
Ali & Brian's
As if this beautiful lady doesn't have enough going on in her life. She is the mother to these super cute twin boys. Ali & Brian opened their home to us and we jumped right in. Joshua loved having so many little boys around and Austin loooooved all the new baby toys. We loved watching the BYU game with them and watching Brian do his happy dance. This little family moved in just a few months before we left but will forever have a special place in my heart. Genuinely really, really good people.
Colby & Mandy's
The kids and I stayed there while Dave was out of town. So in true fashion, we sister wived it up. :) Poor Colby. Late nights, curling our little girl's hair (and our own) and good conversations. And some crazy ones too. When I get too tired I don't make any sense, and Mandy is the same way. Lots of fun times. And lots of peanut M&Ms. Like a Costco sized bag.
Zeb & Leah's
They introduced us to oatmeal for breakfast and I introduced them to Fage greek yogurt. Win/win situation. I went to Leah's boot camp class that she teaches (at 5:30 AM!!!) and was sore for days. Leah is the most selfless, most service oriented person I know, and it was fun to spend a few days watching her in all her glory. This lady never.stops. I had to remind her to eat. We had so much fun going to Hobby Lobby, having a girls night, and just being together. I am so glad that Joshua wants to marry Claire (the 9 year old) so Leah will always be in my life! :)
1 comment:
That was one fabulous month. And you so could have stayed longer!!!! Hope Joshua still has Claire's picture so they can get married. Older women. Joshua has his sights set high and I LOOOVE it!
Post a Comment