Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Last Texas Summer


I have so much blog catching up to do, it's ridicules. Here we go.

Our last Texas summer was a hot one. I am going to just copy and paste this little tidbit from Adrienne's blog, thanks friend:
ALMOST a Record

If you ever watch the news you will have seen that Dallas has had a CARZY HOT summer.  We were 2 days away from breaking the record for the most consecutive 100+ days in a row EVER ON RECORD.  We had 40 straight days of temps at or above 100.  We only got to 97 yesterday so we did not brake the record, we will have to accept 2nd place for the most 100 days in a row.  But can you believe 40 STRAIGHT days of temps over 100?  Most were above 105 and we even got to 110!  CRAZY!  We have managed to keep cool.  We swim alot and have found a bunch of indoor activities.  
We swam.  A lot.


Before school got out, Mandy and I took our boys to the splash park one last time while they were "top dog".
We also took them to Target, where they wanted to try on some new clothes.
We went with Chris & Megan, Leah & Zeb, Mandy & Colby, and Tyler & Adrienne to Joe Pool Lake.  Thanks for the pictures Adrienne.  I stole them off your blog too.


Megan and I had so much fun at our weekly dance class.
We went to the $.50 movies.  Thank goodness for the cool indoors!
Our sweet friends threw Leah and me a birthday party at the pool.  I love Austin in this picture.  And I look like I am balding.  Oh wait. All my hair had fallen out post baby, and I was bald.  Oh the joys. (All of my Texas friends are fired for not telling me how bad it really was.)
We had watermelon sundaes.  Instead of ice cream, it was scoops of watermelon.  Delicious.
Notice the bruise on Joshua's forehead? Dave was wiping his little bum after Joshua went the restroom, and Joshua was leaning forward holding onto Dave's shorts.  Dave had lost some weight and his shorts were big so Joshua grabbed onto the shorts but fell forward, smacking his head on the bathroom floor, and took Dave's pants down with him.  It was pretty funny.

That was our summer in a nut shell.  Lots of swimming, sweating, and friends.

3 comments:

Hillary Monroe said...

That last story of your post had me cracking up! Thanks for the laugh! And for the warning- we're thinking of moving to Dallas this summer. Nice to know we have heat to look forward to. :)

megan said...

I totally forgot we went to Joe Pool lake! It was so hot!! And those watermelon sundaes...yumm!! Want some now!

Jessica said...

That story of daves shorts is hil.ar.ious!! Love and miss you xoxo