I love birthdays. Dave and I both have our birthdays in June. This year, it was a big year for Dave. He turned the big 4-0. We went to Thailand last January to celebrate his 40th, so he wouldn't let me do anything else. I wanted to throw a party, he said no. I wanted to have friends over for cake and ice cream, he said no. Thailand was just what he wanted. His birthday was the day after Father's Day, so we started the celebration with Ryan and Jess on Sunday night.
Traditional monte cristo sandwiches for Father's Day dinner. Coffee cake as "prebirthday cake".
That's a lot of candles.
On Dave's actual birthday, Joshua had soccer camp. Austin wanted to badly to be one of the big boys and play. He had to settle for watching from the sidelines.
He did manage to inch a little closer (that's him by the water cooler).
He had no nap that day and feel asleep on the way to meet the missionaries at SAMs before dinner.
Joshua was so sweet to help hold him in the cart. These two, such sweet brothers.
Dinner for the 40 year old with Jess and Ryan.
Happy 40th Dave. You make me so happy.
We celebrated my birthday a little early while my parents were in town. I don't believe in birthDAYs. I think it should be birthMONTH.
This picture captures the personalities of my boys. Joshua, my tender heart who is snuggling his mom, and Austin, who is blowing out my birthday candles. What's mine is his (but not necessarily the other way around).
A few days later, Dave threw me such a fun party. He did a "Favorite Things" party and invited some of my favorite people.
He made these sweet signs and had them up around the house.
I had no idea how much he was planning for this party. He never asked me what my favorite foods were. I would have answered very differently than what he chose to serve, but they were all my favorite things! This was the end of the night, so most of the food was gone, or packed away. Thai spring rolls from my favorite Thai restaurant, carmelitas, chips and salsa, green apple licorice from Bass Pro Shop, Andies mints, cheese ball and crackers, and Charlston Chews.
Along with lots of gossip magazines.
Dirty Dr. Pepper station
I love to get a massage. If I had my way, I would get one twice a week. I have found a great masseus that I love, and Dave contacted her and she brought her massage table and gave everyone a massage-even Audrey.
My friend Chrissy had each friend go around and say something nice about me. It was such a great night, one I will never forget.
On my actual birthday, we went to the gym (I ran one mile and then sat in the hall and talked with Chrissy and Felisha-great workout), then Jess watched my kids while I went to get a massage (from Lisa of course), and then we came home to quickly shower because Jess, Audrey and I went shopping. Before we left, my friend Megan brought over this deliciousness.
A few hours later, it looked like this.
While shopping I saw this shirt that reminded me of Thailand. Made me smile.
That night we got takeout and met some families at the pool for dinner, swimming, and cupcakes.
It was a great first day of being 34! Can't wait until next birthmonth!
No comments:
Post a Comment