Monday, February 19, 2007

My Heart Belongs in San Francisco

We had a perfect weekend. I love San Francisco. Friday night D and I went to dinner to celebrate our getting engaged anniversary (any reason to celebrate, I'll take it). We went to a really good Mexican place called Tres Agaves. It was rated one of the top 10 restaurants in SF for 2006. Saturday D had to get some work done in the lab so my fabulous sister in law came in for the day to hang out with A and me. We went down to the beach and enjoyed the sun and the water. Some of our friends were there and it was fun to see everyone. A loved the water. She could not get enough of the ice cold water hitting her legs...thank goodness for Aunt K, because I was a wimp and it took me a while to get out there to where my brave daughter was splashing around oblivious to the numbing water. She took a spill into the water and got all wet and I thought that would be the end of the water, but it only encouraged her. Off went her sweatshirt and skirt and back into the water she went. We had a great day at the beach and we are so glad Aunt K came to visit!

Sunday we went to visit my parents. A loves playing with everyone, and I love being able to take a nap while her aunts, uncle and grandparents play with her! What a lucky little girl to be able to play with so much family all the time, and what a lucky mom I am to have so much help.




Happy President's Day! D had the day off of school (gotta love the student life) so we took A to the SF Zoo. She loved it. Her favorites were the penguins, monkeys and bears. My favorite was watching D carry A on his shoulders and "hop hop hop" like a kangaroo. We really wore A out because she came home and took a four hour nap! After she finally decided to wake up, we went and had some yummy steaks for dinner. No, not at Ruth's Chris...even better! We have some Canadian friends and it is Family Day in Canada instead of Presidents Day, so they organized a BBQ for our "school family". It was a perfect way to end the perfect weekend.

4 comments:

Addi said...

I KNEW your family had exciting weekends EVERY weekend! So much fun!

Krista said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Erin said...

How fun! I agree student life is the best. I will miss it sorely when Phil graduates and has to start working.

Anonymous said...

love that picture of your sister and A on the beach. Your weekend sounded like lots of fun...luckily not too much longer before we get a week break!