Thursday, July 19, 2007

450 miles for the Diamond

Dave loves Diamond Rio, and I love Dave. Diamond Rio was playing at the Hanford County Fair last weekend, so Dave and I dropped Audrey off with Dave's parents and drove down for the concert. Ever hear of Hanford? Didn't think so. It is south of Fresno! Round trip was six hours of driving and 450 miles, but it was so fun! We ate In-N-Out on the way there, then at the fair we had: two ears of grilled corn on the cob, soup apple ice cream, corn dogs, fresh squeezed lemonade and cotton candy. I love fairs, and I love fair food! We stood in line for two hours so we could get good seats and we were right up front! Dave knew every word to every song and it was fun to sit and listen and then towards the end we stood and danced. On the way home we stopped at Taco Bell...great way to finish off the night!

9 comments:

melis said...

"Dave loves DIamond Rio and I love Dave." LOL that was awesome. I am so glad you had a great time!

Anonymous said...

M my lovely... All your blogs talk about food, food, and more food. Where does it all go my sweet one? You and Dave have it made! Skinny minnies! :)

Addi said...

I've never heard of Diamond Rio. I want to hear some sample songs, preferably from Dave...

Rachel said...

That is so sweet! You must really love Dave!!

Anonymous said...

Howdy? I notice you quit the first initials and started blogging names. Why the switch? Just curious. You guys are some lucky concert-hopping-married-but-still-dating-music-lovin' couple.

jocelyn said...

I wondered about the full-name thing too Michelle! Also, I'm obsesssssed with fair food. Sounds like a fun trip!

Mindi said...

Hey, I actually love Diamond Rio too. I used to sing with one of my sisters and just belt out the "Meet in the Middle" song. How fun for you guys.

Honey! said...

M! Did you know my Uncle wrote "Norma Jean Reily?" Tell Dave! He'll be jealous of my country-writing uncle AND my helicopters now!

Sara said...

Glad to hear you guys had a good time. Did you wear your wranglers?