Friday, March 7, 2008

Keeping Busy...

Audrey and I have had so much fun together these last couple of weeks. With my due date approaching (this Sunday) I thought I had better take advantage of the beautiful weather (and the ease of only having one child) and take my little Audrey out and about. Last Wednesday (Feb 27) our playgroup took our little ones to the Japanese Tea Gardens (thanks Kate for the pictures!).

Dave has been working extra hard at school so when this little guy comes he won't be so busy. Audrey and I went down to Crissy Field for a little dinner picnic last Thursday night. Some dog came and tried to eat our food (the owner was oblivious as to what was going on) and poor Audrey was freaking out. I just told Audrey that her mom makes the best quesadillas in the whole world and the dog wanted some. I want Audrey to think her mom is a great cook, so sometimes I have to brainwash her.(Feb 28-sorry, I am obsessed with knowing the dates of things)


Girls Day-Saturday March 1
Dave had a conference in the morning, so Audrey and I did some organizing and cleaning of the house. He came home and during Audrey's nap, Regan, Jocelyn and I went and got manicures and pedicures. I was very particular about the color of my hands and feet...my fingers had to be a nice soft color so when I was holding the baby all attention wouldn't be on my fingernails (unlike Jocelyn's orange/red fingernails), and my toenails had to be something festive...blue, of course.
After naps, we loaded Audrey and Maggie in the car and the five girls headed up to Napa to do some shopping, and of course go to Wendy's. Our husbands had a big test on Tuesday, so we let them study while we shopped and ate frosty's (as in two for me!), cheeseburgers, chicken nuggets and french fries. What kind wives we are.
After we got home from Napa, Audrey went to the table and started coloring on Dave's school work. When we asked her what she was doing, she said, "studying".

Legion of Honor - Tues, March 4
Annie Leibovitz's work is at the Legion of Honor right now so we decided to take our kids to free day so we could enjoy her photography. Big mistake for me. Audrey was NOT impressed with Ms. Leibovitz's work and cried to be taken outside. Once we got outside, she was great, but how could she not have fun with all her friends at this beautiful place?

Wednesday we went to the zoo, but I don't have any pictures. Today Addi and I took the kids to the Discovery Museum but it was PACKED. Instead of trying to brave the crowd, we had our cute kids play by the parking lot (it was safe, I swear). They loved just running up and down in the grass trying to get each other, and then watching the water hit the rocks.
After a while we packed up and drove up to the mall. Audrey and Max loved playing in the fountains and we appreciated that they knew of their dads student status and got their own money out of the fountain themselves.

Then we mosied on over to the playground where we had a picnic and Audrey "helped" Max up the slide. Audrey, if and when this baby decides to come, you will make a great big sister.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, good times with little Audrey. I remember laying in bed with Mason for his nap the day before I was induced with Quincy thinking how I never wanted the Mason and Mommy time to end. I knew that it would never be like that again. Although I wouldn't change a thing and love my fam of four embrace your last few days with Audrey! She has no idea what's coming! Mason was unphased until Quincy was about 2 months old and then I think he was all done with her!
Congrats Michelle. I wish you luck with your labor and delivery!