Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Dane's first two weeks

I can't believe how quickly time is flying by. Our little baby is growing up way too quickly. He is finding his voice and starting to coo quite a bit. I love it. He is such a good baby. He is a great little sleeper, and he handles the movie "12 Dancing Princesses" very well.

Here is a recap of the first two weeks of his life.

Preggo. I did a photo shoot when I was pregnant with Audrey, and as much as I dreaded doing it with #2, I knew I would regret it later. I am the second child, and I wanted my second child to be able to see pictures of me when I was pregnant. I will do it with all my kids, and it will just get more and more disgusting. I agree with Shrek when he said, "Better out than in, I always say". Amen Shrek. As much as I loved being pregnant, it's much better to have Dane here where I can see his face and cuddle him. 36 weeks.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


One day old.
 
Posted by Picasa


 
Posted by Picasa


 


Our San Francisco baby
 
Posted by Picasa


Dave's dad started a great tradition; a piece of jewelry for every baby. Dave gave me this on our last night in the hospital...
 
Posted by Picasa

Inside was this. I LOVE it. It's Dane's birthstone, aqua marine. I love that it happens to be blue!
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa


Getting ready to come home
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


Welcome home baby brother
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

Three days old. Audrey wanted a turn to "feed him". Yikes. I love the look on Dane's face..."Help me!"
 
Posted by Picasa

Six days old.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

We have the baby blues, but not the kind you're thinking. This kind...
 
Posted by Picasa

Audrey, our super sweet rock star.
 
Posted by Picasa

March 22. We went to my parent's house for an Easter egg hunt. Audrey didn't want to step on the grass. It was too wet for her.
 
Posted by Picasa

Audrey and her beautiful Anut Jess. My parents surprised me and flew Jess home from college to meet baby Dane. It was so fun to see her, and Audrey loved seeing her again.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa


Easter in the East Bay. Dane is two weeks.
 
Posted by Picasa
 
Posted by Picasa
 

 


Posted by Picasa


Posted by Picasa


Easter pictures I took while Dave and Audrey were at Church.
 
Posted by Picasa

 
Posted by Picasa

Off to bed...

12 comments:

melis said...

I just love him!!!!!!!!!! What a gorgeous little guy. I wonder where Audrey learned how to feed him?! ;)

joel and laura michelle said...

hooray for more pics! he is beautiful. i think he looks like dave & his dad ... yes? no? he is just beautiful! life seems happy & full for your family for 4!

Rocia said...

if i looked that good at 36 weeks i would take prego pics too! i love your little man, what a chub. yumm yumm.

jocelyn said...

you are one of the cutest pregnant people i've ever seen. you should have no problem documenting that. i loooove the picture of audrey "feeding" him. what a good helper.

Sara said...

I love all your pictures. I can't wait to meet him. Right now it is a little surreal that you have 2. I still think of you sometimes like you're still in high school. You and Farnez rocking out in our Mazda.

I get first dibs on holding Dane in Mexico. So tell Dad.

Kera said...

i am the sixth of seven kids and you better believe i have never seen a pregnant picture of my mom with me :( you are a good sport, although I am pretty sure i didn't look as good as you throughout my ENTIRE pregnancy as you looked at 36 weeks. wow.

and i noticed your ring this weekend and absolutely loved it. what a fun tradition :) i will have to let patrick know about that one.

barbaraence said...

what a great helper (and a very cute rockstar!)!! Your tradition is absolutely wonderful--I need someone to convince Ken that it is pretty much the best idea ever.

Holbrook Girls said...

Love the pictures. Your kids are just adorable and you look amazing too!

megan said...

Cute pictures!! I love the jewelry as well!! Hope you are doing well!

PJ Productions said...

It is so fun to see so many pictures. Dane is such a cutie. Audrey looks so sweet in her Easter dress. How is Audrey doing with Dane? I am getting a little nervous but excited too.

Pessoa Fam said...

Oh he is so scrumptous! I could just squeeze those cheeks all day!

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness Michelle, those pictures of Dane at 6 days old are the most beautiful pictures of any baby I've ever set eyes on. He is SO handsome.

....and you at 36 weeks with Dane, is like me at 28 weeks with Scarlett. You look fantastic. You should have many more babies.

Dave is such a dream and so is his dad, what an awesome tradition...a piece of jewelry with each baby, I love the ring he got you!

I wish we lived closer so we could see your cute little man in person!

Miss and love you!