I love the 4th of July. It is one of my favorite holidays. This year we drove down to the coast with Mandy & Colby and Chris & Megan and all our cute kids. It was one awesome weekend full of beach going, treat eating, little sleeping, and lots of memory making.
There are lots and lots of pictures to document our weekend. It must have been something about the fresh beach air, no laundry, being with our great friends and having a husband around because I felt the best that weekend that I had in a long time. Hooray for vacations!
Our sweet girls.
We brought just a little bit of food. Bwah. I ate my weight in treats.
The first night we went swimming at the clubhouse.
The next two days were spend relaxing at the beach. Heavenly.
I love this picture. The Dads together, then the girls and then the little boys, and then all three moms taking the picture.
The weather was perfect. There had been a hurricane the week before so we were a little nervous, but it ended up being perfect. It wasn't too crowded, it wasn't too hot, and it only rained for about 10 minutes while we were in the ocean which was really neat.
The water was so warm! And it was shallow for a really long time so everyone had such a great time jumping the waves and pretending to be mermaids. I was impressed with how all the girls just turned into little fish and would dive right into the waves.
The moms and their girls.
The dads and their girls.
Eating more food on the beach.
After a long day at the beach we would come home and let the kids watch a movie while we cooked dinner. Frozen lasagna. My kind of dinner while on vacation.
I love these kids.
We roasted smores one night. I am such a sucker for smores. 4th of July and smores together...a piece of heaven for me.
At night after we put the kids to bed the adults would stay up until at least 2 am playing games (mostly the Great Dalmuti), eating, doing all sorts of weird things that I can't remember now, but we laughed until we cried.
One night the moms were having major girl talk on the balcony and without us knowing our husbands had gone outside right under the balcony. Some really loud fireworks went off right next door and our husbands threw cold spaghetti noodles up onto the balcony all over us. We thought it was something coming from the fireworks and freaked out. It was hilarious. Just a little something I don't want to forget. And then they started spraying water on us from under the balcony and we couldn't go inside because they had locked us out. Do boys ever grow up? :)
4th of July. Of course all the kids had to match.
We found this awesome inlet to watch the fireworks. We could see lots of different shows going on all around us.
Watching all the firework shows around us. Thanks y'all for a perfect trip!
Driving down to the coast was pretty crazy. It was still raining from the hurricane and we had to drive through this to get there. It was worth is though!
No trip is complete without two stops to our favorite bbq place, Rudy's. It was a perfect way to begin and end our trip!
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
ohhhhh.....that trip was so fun!! I love the picture of the guys laughing so hard.
I love the pictures! The one of colby was when we were trying to plug our nose with one hand and stick our other elbow through the hole...it was that weird talent thing that we had seen on TV. So fun!!
Love this last pic where Joshua is diving in to look at the beer... :) looks like a great trip!
What a fun trip! I love how you capture it all on camera--I need some photography lessons from you! (:
Post a Comment