Dave and I are so grateful that we have parents who are able-and WILLING- to watch our kids so we can go on trips like this. Thank you, thank you, thank you Dad and Mom, & Bruce and Marianne. You guys are SAINTS! :)
St. John
We got a taxi to take us to a pretty beach. Our taxi driver knew everyone in town and honked and waved his way through. Once we got to the beach, we only had to move once from all the people trying to sell us stuff. Other than that, it was a great day of laying in the sun (it's snowing here as I'm typing this...sunshine sounds so good right now!), snorkeling and going on a little walk/hike. That was the most exercise we got since the first day in the gym. That night we went back to the dining room where they had all the servers do a little dance for us, and of course we joined in! That night (I think) we went to the movie theater on board and watched a movie. Fun day.
St. Maarten
We were on the Dutch side of the island and it was really pretty. Dave and I went SCUBA diving. We took a little boat to what felt like was the middle of the ocean. I was so sea sick because the water was so rough. Again, I am SO glad it wasn't like that in St. Lucia! We did two dives- on the first we saw a nurse shark under a reef, fish, lobster, blowfish, eels and sea turtles. The second dive was an old shipwreck from the 1800's. You could see all the old canons and canon balls laying around the old ship. Kinda cool, kinda creepy. I did my first "swim through" through a really long, tube looking thing on the ship. Again- kinda cool, kinda creepy.
After the dive, we walked around and did some shopping. That night Dave and I were chosen to be the "in-between" couple for the "Love and Marriage" game (they had newlyweds, a couple that had been married for 50 years, and then us). The audience got to pick what couple they wanted by cheering, so of course we won with Megan and Mandy's cheering skills. It was fun to do, and even more fun to watch Dave do his "sexy dance". Hilarious.
After the show we went to a different lounge area, where we played pool (and Dave spun Mandy so hard on a chair that she totally fell over). The table moved with the ship so it was always level. I learned that I am a terrible pool player.
St. Croix
We rented a car, and Colby was brave enough to drive it. He told us to keep reminding him that they drove on the wrong side there. We had to make a pit stop to figure out where we were going (and a potty break) andI love the picture of Chris doing his Tarzan impression. Megan would make a great Jane! :) We went to two beaches on the island and enjoyed our last day of sunshine and spending time together before we had to part ways the next day.
After our day in the sunshine, we boarded the ship, got some food and sat in the front of the ship while we headed back out to sea. The major topic of conversation: baby #4 or no baby #4. The answer is still undecided for some of us, and very much decided for another!
That night, we started playing a game of hide and go seek, (the girls were "hiding" but the second our husbands heard the dance music they knew exactly where we would be!) but it turned into an awesome 70's dance party. Complete with glowing rings, tons of balloons, and lots of afro wigs.
I sure love these people. I feel so blessed that we were able to spend these last two plus years together. It's rare to find a friendship where everyone gets along so well with everyone, and we all like to do the same things- EAT, stay up late, and embarrass ourselves- and each other. I really feel like we were all supposed to live in Texas at the same time, so we could meet and form this friendship. The cruise was a great way to end that chapter of our lives, and I look forward to many more fun trips!
The next day, we left Puerto Rico and headed for our new home. Dave stared WORK the following day. Hooray!!!! Lots of things to celebrate, and celebrate we did. Work hard, play hard right?
Friday, March 2, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment