Nine years ago today Dave and I got engaged. We were living in Utah at the time, I was going to school and he was applying for business school. February 16th, 2001 was a Friday night.
Dave's sister was coming into town so the plan was to go to Salt Lake, pick up his sister and then head to my friend's wedding reception. Once we got to the airport, Dave had me go inside to wait for his sister while he circled the car outside. While I was waiting, I felt someone come from behind me and give me a big hug. It was Dave and he had a dozen roses, and two packed suitcases. I was VERY confused. He took my hand and just said, "Let's go."
I had a so many questions but he wouldn't answer any of them. We had designed my ring together and the ring store told us it wouldn't be done for at least another two weeks. I thought Dave had planned the trip hoping to get engaged, but since the ring wasn't done we were just going on a fun trip. We flew to Oakland, and our rental car was waiting for us. I felt so excited, but a little disappointed because I really wanted to get engaged and I thought the ring wasn't done. Dave blindfolded me and drove me to a beautiful lookout of San Francisco, where we ironically spent the last six years. It was there that he asked me to marry him, and of course (and obviously) I said yes.
He then pulled my ring out of him pocket. It was finished! The ring store had to work extra hours to get it done in time, but they promised Dave it would be done for Feb 16th and they delivered. We then drove to Dave's parents and knocked on their door and surprised them with our visit, and with our good news. We then drove to my parent's house and totally surprised them as well. Our families got together on Sunday night to meet each other and start planning the wedding. It was a perfect way to get engaged. I love Dave nine times more today than I did on that day, and my love will just keep growing.
6 comments:
so cute!! i love the pictures!!!
ohhh! happy engagement day. i love hearing people's engagement stories and i don't think i've ever heard yours before.
so so cute! Your hair was so long! and dave... with hair! :) What a fun story
I am so glad you said yes too! I totally remember that weekend!
You are a wonderful addition to our family. Love you!
wow! what i romantic story. i LOVE surprises!!
you look SO cute and young. how fun!
Love love love looking at pictures of dating. You two are DARLING together!!! Such a great couple.
Post a Comment