Thursday, April 17, 2014

Audrey's Baptism Day

Audrey's baptism day was, and always will be, one of the best days of my life.  Giving birth was good too, but all the hard work, crazy hormones, and sleepless nights that come after...bleh.  This day was surrounded by so many wonderful family and friends, and we felt very very loved. 
Audrey was lucky enough to get baptized on her actual birthday.  That morning, Dave and I went out super early to set up for the party after the baptism, but my sweet family got up with Audrey and did the donut ritual with her.  After setting up, we came home and got ready.  Bruce and Marianne came to my parents house for a little gathering before the baptism. 
Audrey is not a jumpsuit kind of girl, so I found her this little dress to get baptized in (thanks for the idea, Rocia!). 
Happy eighth birthday and baptism day Audrey! 8.10.2013


My mom giving her, "What a special day!" talk.  



I got a necklace from my grandma on my baptism day, and it was so special to me.  Both sets of grandparents gave her a pair of real pearl earrings.  She was so excited about it. 


And a white towel with her name embroidered in turquoise that she used after she got out of the water.  Still uses it today. 






Aunt Sara and Uncle Ben


Grandma January 


Us. 


My baby girl. 


Our little family of five sang the first verse of "When I Am Baptized" and then the boys sat down and Audrey sang the second verse by herself.  This is when she was singing.  The Spirit was so strong, and I was pretty emotional.  I looked up once and saw lots of tears.  The thing I love about my family/friends...we take pictures of everrrrrrything. 


Even this.  Not sure if this is allowed.  But I love everything about it. 










Joshua and Savy were very curious what was going on. 


Fabulous Kathy.  I had my baby shower for Audrey at Kathy's house.  And after we blessed Audrey in San Francisco, we all went back to Kathy's house for lunch.  She has been to two of the three of Audrey's white dress events, and she will definitely be invited to the third (in about 15 years). 

My parents spoke about getting baptized and Bruce and Marianne spoke about receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was such a wonderful day. My mom and Marianne came back to help me get Audrey dressed.   While she was getting dressed, people wrote her a note on a card that I put into a book for her.  My mom made a cute handout for everyone to take home.  A Kit Kat candy bar with a piece of paper wrapped around it reminding us that Kat can help us remember our baptismal covenants.  K=Keep His commandments. A=Always remember Him. T=Take His name upon you. We talk about that during the Sacrament and it is a fun way to help both of us remember. 
After the baptism, we were able to go celebrate at my Mom's friend's gorgeous home.  It was a perfect day - gorgeous weather, great food, and surrounded by so many people we love.  We had people from so many stages of our lives- my neighbor from when I was growing up, San Francisco friends, dental school friends, cousins, my aunt and uncles, and all of my siblings. We hadn't all been together since Jessica's wedding almost 2.5 years before.  
The beautiful venue:








My perfect little angel.


FOOD!




Chuck. Savy. Audrey. Abby. Rocky. Julia. Emelia. 


Bruce. Marianne. Kristin.  Megan.  Ali. Adam. Whitney. 


Ryan. Jess. Kelly. Tessa. Joelle. 





Piñata time. 




Kristin was so fun and planned some really fun games for us to play. 














I feel so blessed to have so many incredible people in my life. 







No comments: