Saturday, April 19, 2014

September 2013

Happy Labor Day! Last day of swimming, good food and great friends.  My kind of day. 

Above: Fun day with friends.
Below: First day of Mother's Day Out.  This is going to be a win/win situation. #shoppingwithfriendsthenbrunchthentoamovie #nextwednesdaywillbeawaymoreproductiveday 
#hadtoliveeituponthefirstday



12 years ago today, I sat as a newlywed next to my husband and watched the terror unfold. Even as it was happening, I knew we would be better and stronger after. #unitedwestand

That's my toothbrush. And I have every intention of using it when he is done. #loveisgross 


My sister, Jessica, just texted me this picture of Joshua using her toothbrush (Summer 2009). Apparently my kids like to share germs.  #joshuathoughtitwasaustin #austinthoughtitwasaustin #audreyisatdanceandhasntseenityet



"Family is not an important thing. It's everything." -Michael J. Fox
My family. All 21 of us. There are no words to describe how much I love these people. 
Joshua is quite the little chef.  He loves to cook and make things in the kitchen.  We are still working on cleaning up. Strawberries and granola, which he calls "grinila".


Pizza and park, with Dad. Great evening. 


Killing time while Audrey is at dance.  Anything Joshua does, Austin wants to do.  I love how much Austin admires Joshua, and how sweet Joshua is with Austin. 


Playing out back. Gorgeous sunset. 




I started reading to Audrey and Joshua every night, and Dave reads to Austin.  We read "Holes" and then watched the movie.  Side note: when I taught fifth grade, compare and contrast was part of the curriculum.  I read "Holes" to my class, and then we took a bus to the movie theater to watch "Holes". It had just come out in the theater.  And then we compared and contrasted the book and the movie.  That was fun. And we all ate lunch at the food court. 


We did an Alzheimer's awareness walk.  I love all the flowers. 


Hello, my five year old self. #rockinthemullet #mykindergartenpicture #maybeiwillordermykidsschoolpicturesafterall #thentheycaninstagramthemsomday #IGwillbeathingoftheopast #iwonderwhatwillbethethingtodothen


Starting him young. #earninghiskeep

A new meaning to "storm chaser". #soakedtothebone #neverstoppedraining
This run was so fun.  We were training for a half marathon and it was our long Saturday run.  It started raining the second we started running, and never stopped.  It was a torrential downpour.  At times we were running in ankle deep water. But we did it! 11 miles. So fun. 


Happy 37th anniversary to my parents! 





No comments: